It is important to have a good diet in order to live a long life. If you want to be healthy and happy, you need to eat the right food and avoid anything that can be harmful to your health. However, aside from nutritious foods, you should also take supplements to ensure that your body gets all the nutrients it needs. You can also eat products that are especially made to help you achieve your fitness goals.
1. Quest bars are popular amongst gym-goers and bodybuilders. It is low in sugar and low in carbohydrates. Their protein bar contains 200 calories but just ½ gram of saturated fat. It also has 20 grams of protein. If you eat one of these protein bars, you already get to have 40% of your recommended daily protein intake. It also has 18 grams of fiber, which gives you about ¾ of your daily requirement. If you have a Quest bar coupon, you should try it out.
2. Multivitamins are also highly recommended. Even if you eat whole grains, lean meat, fruits, and vegetables on a regular basis, you may still experience a nutrient gap. This is why you also need to take multivitamins on a daily basis in order to make sure that your body receives all the nutrients it needs. There are multivitamins that contain age-specific and gender-specific formulas. Ideally, you should choose one that fits your needs. You can ask your doctor to help you choose the right multivitamin.
3. Fish oil can help prevent cognitive decline and heart diseases. According to researchers, fish oil supplements can help improve cognitive function. The omega-3 fatty acids that they contain are linked to high levels of HDL or good cholesterols, which can help improve your nutrient absorption and metabolism. If you are not fond of oily and fatty fish such as anchovies and salmon, see to it that you take fish oil supplements. Choose the ones with the highest EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids. They are also beneficial to your cell membranes.
4. Vitamin D is a vital fat-soluble nutrient that supports your immune function, muscle, teeth, and bones. Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to lack in this vitamin. Low levels of vitamin D can result in cancers, depression, weight gain, low bone density, and poor nutrient absorption. You can have your blood tested to see if you have sufficient amounts of vitamin D in your body. You can ask your doctor to help you choose a supplement. According to experts, you should take over 800 IU/day to receive the benefits of this vitamin.
5. Calcium is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Your bones actually have 99% of the total calcium in your body. Adequate levels of calcium are important in preventing blood clotting and muscle contraction. They are also necessary for proper nerve impulse transmission. If you do not receive enough calcium, you become at risk of osteoporosis, brittle bones, and fractures. The older you get, the more you have to pay attention to your calcium levels.
If you are a woman, you have to be extra mindful of your calcium levels since you are more susceptible to such conditions when you lose estrogen during menopause. You need to get 1000 mg to 1200 mg of calcium on a daily basis. If you are a woman, you need to get more such as 1500 mg to 2000 mg. You can get calcium from a variety of sources, such as milk, cheese, yogurt, and green leafy vegetables. If you are having a hard time getting your recommended dietary allowance, you can turn to calcium supplements.